HostBreak.com Goes on Strike

HostBreak.com Goes on Strike wpsuperamdin 9:04 pm

The proposed SOPA (and equally odious “Protect IP Act“) legislation is basically flawed in how it works and the damage chances are it will do to the Internet, that has been the best platform for creativity the world has ever seen. Because of this we are joining the blackout organized by our pals at Reddit by blacking out the HostBreak […]

99.98% up time in 2011

99.98% up time in 2011 wpsuperamdin 1:01 pm

HostBreak achieves 99.88% up time in 2011. Verified here www.webhostingstuff.com/uptime/HostBreak.html. I would like to thanks our staff members for achieving this excellent up time and rendering quality service which brought our technical support requests down to 4 per month from 45 per month average. Aziz ur Rehman Paracha Chief Executive www.hostbreak.com

Blank PHP Page after Cpanel EasyApache Update

Blank PHP Page after Cpanel EasyApache Update wpsuperamdin 8:25 pm

Today I updated Apache to include GDLibrary. After Apache recompile I found blank page on WHMCS and few other application. This lead to some interesting learning exercise 🙂 When cPanel EasyApache is used to recompile apache the default behavior seems to miss the IonCube and Zend Optimizer. If your PHP application is using these then the PHP […]

WordPress permalinks removing /index.php from url

WordPress permalinks removing /index.php from url wpsuperamdin 12:01 am

If your WordPress blog is hosted on the main domain then follow the instructions that you see here http://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Permalinks#Permalinks_without_mod_rewrite If your WordPress blog is hosted on a subfolder like /blog then still follow the instructions in the above URL but change following line <action type=”Rewrite” url=”index.php/{R:0}” /> to <action type=”Rewrite” url=”blog/index.php/{R:0}” /> That’s it! your […]

1014 – Parser error: Cannot parse the XML from the source specified

1014 – Parser error: Cannot parse the XML from the source specified wpsuperamdin 7:05 pm

This error is generally the result of invalid characters passed to Plesk API. If you are sending direct call ti Plesk API then inspect your XML packet for characters such as apostrophe etc. If you are using WHMCS then check the client profile and domain password fields.